Friday, May 28, 2010

Sneak Peek

Hi everyone! I've been busy in the studio working on a huge project - 41 paintings - all painted digitally, and am really liking the results. I am a little over half way through with the artwork, and thought I would share a little preview...I am really enjoying the freedom to experiment with different textures and colors, without the fear of ruining the pieces. Friends have been asking me if digital is "easier" or "faster" than watercolor, and certainly it is a time saver not to have to stretch 41 pieces of watercolor paper. However, the actual painting process takes just about the same amount of time for me either way. Digital is definitely its own medium, and I am enjoying seeing my style translate onto the digital canvas.

1 comment:

Aja said...

I've been watching your work for about three years, and its very exciting to see how much improvement you've made- you just keep getting better and better. Way to go!